Were you ever helped along in your musical career?
More than likely you were. We all need help along the way. Our success in life depends upon our family, friends, and, most of all in the music world, our fans.
So, let’s stop thinking about what we need for a minute, and think what can we do to help out a fellow band. The list of things you could do is numerous but here’s a few ideas:
- Tell Your Fans. Send a Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ message. What better way to spread the word.
- Post a newsflash or blog post on your website letting your fans and followers know about an up and coming band and their next show, new CD release, etc.
- Invite the band members to join you for a song or two during one of your shows.
- Be a Mentor to the band. We all appreciate advice, especially from those who are where we want to be.
- Tell Venue booking agents about the band.
- Let them have one of your show times, particularly if you have a residency slot.
- Take them on tour with you.
- Tell other bands about them.
- Buy them lunch. A new band is almost guaranteed to be low on cash and hungry.